- Chicken soup
- Sports car
- Prom Queen
- Governmnet Official
- Nursery school
- Book store
- Marriage certificate
- In all these examples, the first noun acts as adjective and modifies the second noun.
- So it is not just any soup. It is ‘chicken’ soup.
- It is not just any certificate. It is a ‘Marriage’ certificate.
Adjectives vs Nouns
- Noun – It is a part of speech. It is used to name a person, place, thing, quality, or action.
Examples: boy, ball, bike, bunny, etc.
- Adjective – It is another part of speech. It is used to give more information about nouns. It modifies nouns.
Examples: Sweet, smelly, spicey, grey, Bitter, etc.