Today I’m sharing with you another math warm up! Use warm-ups to ignite your learners and ready them for a mini-lesson at the small group table or before math workshop. You can easily adapt them for lesson introductions or transitions between lessons with your whole group too.
Be sure to bookmark this page on our website for a growing collection of ideas at your fingertips!
This warm up will help your students with
- addition to 12
- addition of more than 2 numbers
- comparing numbers
Clear the Board 12
- players write the numbers 2-12 on a whiteboard (oops, I have a one in my photo)
- players each have 5 rolls only
- take turns to roll 2 dice, total them and clear the answer from their board
- if a number has been cleared already, they miss a turn
- at the end of 5 rolls, a score is created by adding the remaining numbers
- the lowest number wins
Differentiate this game using dice of bigger numbers.